Celebrating our 22nd Anniversary
ABJ Community Services, Inc. (ABJ) is a high performing accredited community and family-oriented social service organization founded by Dr. Vivian R. Jones on April 14, 1993. ABJ is licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services to provide child welfare /family preservation services, and by the Department of Alcohol and Substance Abuse (DASA) to provide outpatient adult and adolescent substance abuse treatment services. ABJ is accredited by Council On Accreditation which is a national organization.
The numbers speak to our success!
- Outpatient substance abuse treatment to adolescents and adults (average of 25 clients per month)
- SNAP Employment and Training Services (job readiness/placement services) (226 customers per month)
- TANF Employment and Training Services (45 customers per month)
- Partnership for Success Underage Drinking Prevention (PFS) and Community Outreach (average of 75-100 contacts per month)
- More than 60 youth and 16 adult mentors in and around the South Shore community were hired through the PFS program
- SYEP provided employment opportunities to more than 65 out of school youth