Movement of People for Peace (M.O.P.P.)
M.O.P.P. is a Humanitarian Right to Live (human rights) Movement calling for the protection of children and youth from gun violence. M.O.P.P.’s mission is to serve as a catalyst to unify individuals and organizations dedicated to creating a culture of peace for youth and adults in communities across the United States
Inter-generational Peace Circles
Offered in collaboration with 003rd District Community Alternatives Program Strategies (CAPS)
What is the circle process?
- It provides a welcoming safe space for youth and adults
- A practice that allows for value based conversation in a nonjudgmental environment that promotes positive relationships within the community
- A framework for working toward solutions. It provides a platform for less defensive conversations, promotes trusting relationships, and allow participants to bring forth their best ideas and fully use their talents.
- It cultivates a space where people are unafraid and the emphasis is on the exchange of ideas
- The circle process fosters a spirit of learning and gives people a new way to communicate